ORGANIZE A SEMINAR
I offer seminars on the following topics. Normally these are half day or full day topics. CONTACT ME to schedule a seminar or ask related questions.
From Barriers to Bridges . . . Providing Culturally Competent Care
- We all have a culture & it influences our health decisions and actions.
- Discover how to add the missing piece of the puzzle ~ cultural health care.
Benefits & Challenges of a Culturally Diverse Staff
- Nursing . . . A Career choice or Life’s calling?
- Resolving the Inevitable Conflict
Increase Cultural Competence in Health Occupation Faculty
- Inspiring faculty to inspire students to care about culture & health
- Discover cultural ways of teaching & learning
SCHEDULE A SPECIALTY SESSION
These specialty sessions are focus topics that can be presented in 60-90 minute time slots each. They can scheduled individually or grouped together as a series, and they can be delivered live in person or as a webinar.
Pregnancy ~ A Normal . . . Hot . . . Cold Condition?
- Mother cares for baby ~ Family cares for baby ~ Nurse cares for baby?
- Breast or Bottle . . . OR . . . Bottle then Breast?
- 40 Days . . . La Cuarentena . . . Doing the Month . . .After the Flow
End of Life From a Cultural Perspective
- < 20% of the population have an Advanced Directive
- > 80% of the world’s culture believe death is a taboo subject
- Find common ground & meet end of life needs
- Cultural nuances of verbal & non verbal communication
- Generational perspective
- Enhance your cultural skills . . . Improve patient outcomes
Communicating Health Education
- Literacy & Language
- Cultural ways of teaching and learning